A HOW TO MANUAL for Legacy Cities friends/leaders/advocates: this set of specific guidelines, tools and strategies for redeveloping commercial vacant properties and business districts in legacy cities is now available for download here.
The Greater Ohio Policy Center, in partnership with the German Marshall Fund of the United States and with support from the Center for Community Progress, has developed the guidebook including the following tools:
- Guidance on planning & partnering for commercial revitalization
- Methods for analyzing the market
- Advice on matching market types & strategies for commercial revitalization
- Legal tools for reclaiming commercial vacant properties
- Funding sources for overcoming financial gaps
- Menu of property reuse options
- Ways to attract & retain business tenants
- Methods and models for managing a commercial district
- Strategies for building markets in legacy cities
Please share this comprehensive resource with people in your LC network!